Saturday, December 13, 2008

Secret Show at The Troubadour

Setlist and show notes are here.
Photos - MySpace Secret Shows / Day 19 / Getty Images / COF / Heron /Pure People
Reviews - Rev. Heron (line) (show), COF / Kittencult / LA Times / Reuters / LA Weekly / Glossolalia / NME
Articles - Plug In Music / All Headline News / Live Daily / AntiMusic
Audio - Full show in 24 bit or 16 bit / Real Snow White
Video - Underneath The Stars / Pictures of You / Lullaby Part 1 Part 2 / alt.end / Reasons Why / Reasons Why (short) / The Walk 1 / The Walk 2 / Lovesong / Real Snow White / Hungry Ghost / Andy rocks out to Wrong Number / Sleep When I'm Dead / Push Part 1 Part 2 / Inbetween Days / One Hundred Years / Freakshow 1 / Freakshow 2 / Freakshow 3 / Close To Me 1 / Close To Me 2 / Why Can't I Be You / A Forest / Boys Don't Cry / Grinding Halt / Killing An Arab /

1,164 comments:

  1. So cool, yay for Rev! How close to the front of the line is she? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. V: I don't think that's the line. No lining up until noon, remember? I know everyone said they were just going to head over to the area last night, and hang out near the Troubadour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they said that theyre across from it! i hope they have the printouts to get in

    ReplyDelete
  4. i see kel and revs hubby! looks cold too

    ReplyDelete
  5. DJ: Who says they need printouts? I think Robert or MySpace would have included that in the announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well in past shows they needed them, to prove theyre a friend of secret shows. but if robert didnt say anything, i guess not?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I doubt you need it today. There would be some mention of it somewhere, other than the LA Weekly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just heard from Sara B. Rev. talked to Keith Uddin, and he says you don't need a printout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Andy if you read this. I am on my way right now!!!!! God I hope I get there in time.
    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  10. I should be there in an hour!!!
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn, The Curse really lived up to our name today. We're obligated to our show tonight but we don't even want to play. We'd rather be in "line" already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha I love the fact that they're lingering inconspicuously, rather than "lining up"!

    I can't even imagine how excited those lucky, lucky peeps are!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sara B., Chris and Cat have their wristbands for the show. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Man, these folks are hardcore. Then again, I'd wait in line, too. Imagine if it were London or New York or Toronto, though -- how freezing it would be! Again, lucky Californians!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Muldfeld, if this were happening in Toronto, then all you'd need to do is bundle up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! for the COF crew to get wristbands. I'm so freakin' happy for them! What a night this'll be.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to hear about the show!! How exciting for them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, someone needs to join me in the chat room, like now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I should be there! I'd be in the same car as Cat, Chris, and Sara!

    I am kicking myself so freakin' hard for leaving my feet on the ground and opting not to spend the money for a flight.

    I talked to Cat and Kelbel this morning...they all sound so overwhelmed and excited and exhausted all at the same time. LOL!!!!!!

    What I got from their convos is RSX looks adorable dancing to SWID and The Cure really did not want to stop playing last night after 3 songs.....like it was too short of a performance for them too.

    LA is rainy, stormy, and kinda chilly and they've spent a ton of time in the car. It's a Cure caravan out there :)

    But this is so exciting! Sorry for the fangirl post, but hell - that's what I am damnit! haha!


    :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! This is amazing! So glad Cat and co got in. Can't wait to hear about the show.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am crossing my fingers for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I so belonged there today...
    it just wasn't in the cards. Even if I hadn't canned my LA plans I was leaving this morning and I wouldn't have known about it in time it takes 8 hours to get there.

    Ugh I am trying not to go to pieces about this unfortunate episode and remember to be glad that the concert gods bestow upon us these cosmic favors when they see fit and we must be grateful

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have a great time guys :) Wish I could be there but alas no ... Full report guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anyone know if Cureheart made it there and has a wristband? And KelBel? SugarGirl?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, and pink ego box and her niece--are they there??

    ReplyDelete
  26. shaun-w, there are limits to my bundling up. My thick gloves have barely been able to shield my fingers from the freezing cold, and my face and neck and ears would still be freezing. It's awful being out for 20 minutes. Standing out for hours might be detrimental to my health. Also, I lost my scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Regina: Just heard from Debi, and she says they all have wristbands.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Have all the wristbands been given out?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks! I knew I would never make it there in time for one!

    ReplyDelete
  30. i hope all our friends got in.

    so jealous right now!!!

    theyre all TOGETHOR, going to see the cure, in such an intimate setting!! HOW PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey Regina! I was there at 7:00 a.m. I think everyone got their band. I feel so lucky. I'm home real quick (I live close) and heading back. They are very insistent about NOT hanging out there. They now have security outside. someone was told if they catch them there again, they will cut wristband. Maximum capacity is 300. It doesn't matter where you are, its' a GOOD place. This is a DREAM show. I was right up front at Carson and about 5 feet from Robert. I now like Carson. I want to really take this in tonight and appreciate every second.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Regina and DJ - I wish you were here. I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Any word on any other US stops? I mean are they booking it home after this?

    I feel the need to fly somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  34. aww cure heart <3

    cpg - oh yes they are. theyre going to norcal and then south carolina ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. So, did the COF crew get tickets after getting wristbands?

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOOHOO! I'm so excited for them! I'm sure they got a great show! I knew The Cure were going to do the rounds over there! Maybe... the next tour will come sooner than later since the boys seem to be enjoying themselves so much!! and further more,
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  37. The wristbands ARE the tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  38. wait has the show even started yet? Damn... I'm way too excited for someone who's not there...!

    ReplyDelete
  39. "The wristbands ARE the tickets!"

    Oh. Usually you get wristbands with numbers on them and then a number is randomly picked to start the selling from.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Awwwwwww...*hugs Cureheart*...I wish I was there too! But getting the reports from you guys is the next best thing. :) :) I hope one of the peeps with my number'll give me a ring during the show!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Are they going to have a COF sign like they did at MSG?

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hey peeps! Rev here, checking in from a cafe with wireless down the street from the Troubador. We were in line at 8 am or so and to answer V's question we were the 22nd and 23rd people to come and linger "inconspicuously" on the sidewalk.

    We've been told that the wristband absolutely guarantees entry. Also that we are not allowed to queue for entry until 7 pm. There are reportedly going to be a "lot of celebrities" here tonight so who knows what that means in terms of the Hollywood elite. And we are keeping well clear of the wristband-snapping Troubador security.

    I'm going to be uploading my pics from Carson and today on my flickr site soon, Craig, please feel free to link to or use them as you like :) I have not yet decided if I'm brave enough to try to bring my video camera in!! :o

    Love to all of my peeps out there who can't be here tonight, I know we all miss you and wish you were here with us.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Does anyone know what time they said people with wristbands could come back and line up?

    ReplyDelete
  44. Helsa: Doors open at 8pm, show should start by 9pm.

    Rose: I don't think there was enough time for a sign, but who knows what Chris will come up with. : )

    ReplyDelete
  45. Yes there will be a sign! I hope we can bring it in!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Nevermind about my question. I see Rev answered it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. OMG REV!!!! *squishy hug*

    we're so excited for yall!! hope you get to meet them too!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh, Hey REV!! *hugs*

    I hope you can get the sign in to!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. OK - I have just caught up on the blogging.

    How exciting that so many of our COF peeps have managed to get wristbands.

    I wish I could be there, but I guess I just have to be content to live vicariously through them all.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Elise! We missed you and I have video of everyone saying HI!

    ReplyDelete
  51. awwww thanks Rev.

    I am soooooo excited for ya'll.

    AND I love the signed t-shirt on your flickr - ESPECIALLY the Robert blooper - I think that is the coolest bit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a really great surprise ¡¡¡¡¡¡


    I just got aware of this secret CURE show.


    I haven´t check COF since thursday.

    Have a CURE-rrific time,friends will be attending there.


    I miss CURE...


    I need my CURE Fix NOW ¡¡¡¡


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. HI REV! great pics!

    can one of you do me a solid and ask someone (anyone) if there is anything secret going on or coming up for the east coast?

    thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. *sends good vibes to the universe for East Coast happenings*

    ReplyDelete
  55. elise! be checking your mail! xo

    ReplyDelete
  56. oohhh... i'm excited now! something comin' my way from Sofia - so much better than the man in the red suit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. i'll be jolly christmas II for you, elise! the stuff santa didnt think to bring you!

    ReplyDelete
  58. when is this thing gonna start!?

    "just like the old days"

    ReplyDelete
  59. Does no one read my show notes? : P

    ReplyDelete
  60. According to the front page, about midnight your time - which makes it 2pm Sunday afternoon for me.....

    What a lovely way to while away a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Craig - I read them - do I get a gold star?

    ReplyDelete
  62. Elise: No, but you do get an All Access pass for the 30/13 Tour. But if you'd rather just take the star... : )

    ReplyDelete
  63. Bugger the gold star!!!!!! I'll happily take the 30/13 All Access pass.

    ReplyDelete
  64. :@ i read! but its already supposed to have started....pacific :|

    sorry. im in portland in my mind!
    ahem.


    sorry craig *coff*

    ReplyDelete
  65. Isn't it usually Georgia on my mind????

    ewww I can't believe I am quoting the big Willie.

    ReplyDelete
  66. you can pretend its the ray charles version if thats better!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Sofia, much better!!!

    *waves at Andrew*

    ReplyDelete
  68. oh man, the excitement is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  69. *Waves* Yeah this is going to be great. *Remembers the Summer*

    ReplyDelete
  70. *waves to elise, sofia and andrew*

    hey craig!

    sofia - the google incident just popped into mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  71. Andrew, it is just like the old days *sighs* I have missed those days!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Yeah the old days. Like 9 months ago...

    ReplyDelete
  73. It does feel alot longer though...

    ReplyDelete
  74. I go away for a few minutes, and Elise is talking about "big willies"! It really is like the old days. : P

    Now you get the gold star, Elise. : )

    ReplyDelete
  75. And just in time to send DJ running behind the couch. : P

    ReplyDelete
  76. Are we even going to attempt to try and keep it clean tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  77. yeah, but who is in the loving room?

    ReplyDelete
  78. Andrew, is that what you would prefer? really??? really???

    ReplyDelete
  79. I have a headache and I'm tired but I may step into the loving room for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  80. Hey dear CURE peeps, i´m ready for another episode of "CURE Show Great Night Chat".

    Are you too ?

    ;)


    Very good memories from the last USA Tour...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  81. aww andrew.

    dont make us tie you up to make you stay :(

    ReplyDelete
  82. meebo has spoiled me - I keep forgetting I have to refresh - LOL

    *ties a string to finger to remind herself*

    ReplyDelete
  83. DJ you will have to catch me first :)

    ReplyDelete
  84. All B-sides tonight, and a few 4:13 Dreams ; ) (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  85. How about a new song as a Christmas gift???

    ReplyDelete
  86. I'll be excited if they do This. Here And Now. With You.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Smuggle the Cof sign in your pants if you have to!! The worst they can do is frisk you and the security guy may look like Robert!!
    It was so great to see it at MSG!! I am so happy for the people that are there! You lucky little b@stards!!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Me too Elise! That's the one I want to hear! If they do play it, I should get call and it will be The Cure playing live on my phone line!

    ReplyDelete
  89. They just have to play something from the dark album!!

    ReplyDelete
  90. Yay for the COF Loves The Cure sign! Great to see it back!

    CPG - that is exciting when you get a call during a concert.

    ReplyDelete
  91. I am hoping they play THANWY tonight. That song has been in my head all day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  92. Wow, a big smile painted on my face after seeing again the COF sign.


    Is it the same from MSG ?

    Every single CURE fan here loves COF by the way...

    :)


    Wanna start with the song's callings ?


    I go foer US as opener, BRDB, closer, and Faith.

    Let´s see...

    Come on RSx, let me win this round.

    ;0

    ReplyDelete
  93. Yeah the sign brings a tear to my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  94. cure fans are the best fans.

    prince fans can be super snooty and tom waits fan can be sort of aloof but most all the cure fans i have ever met have been nice, awesome people.

    just thought id share.

    because...i love you guys *sniffle*

    ReplyDelete
  95. V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

    The night gets so much brighter. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  96. haha dj, just saw your google incident comment.
    NAUGHTY GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  97. Wow - is it time for a group hug already?

    Madbob, I agree, I think UTS for openers too

    ReplyDelete
  98. V: No, they will not be playing that tonight. : P

    ReplyDelete
  99. sofia - me naughty? dont confuse me with everyone else, im the minor remember? :)

    ReplyDelete
  100. Craig: Yes they will. In the secret show they're playing in my head! :P

    ReplyDelete
  101. *V just now realizes which song Craig was referring to and says, "Duhhh"*

    I am very slow today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  102. *waves at her siamese twin*

    (V)OODOO SMILE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  103. *V voodoo smiles back to her twin!* :)

    ReplyDelete
  104. I think they might open with From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea since they played it in the sound check and it has such a nice ambient feel to open up the show.

    ReplyDelete
  105. v - I had some drama in my world - in the form of a hard-drive crash -and lost your work address.

    Please accept this as a BIG HAPPY HOLIDAYS card!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  106. Elise: Aww, that's too bad about your hard drive. But thank you! Happy Holidays to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  107. Mad Bob: No, this is a brand new sign. If you remember, Chris signed a bunch of our names on the old one, and gave it to one of the 65DOS guys to give to Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  108. V - I was gutted about the hard-drive - thank god for iDummp.

    ReplyDelete
  109. COF LOVES THE CURE!!!!!

    Love the sign, Chris!

    It's as beautyyyyyyyyful as the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  110. It is hard to believe that so much time has passed since the 4Tour.

    ReplyDelete
  111. Elise....I had a disaster this week too. Somehow my entire mail box got wiped out...all the folders except for the deleted items. WTF???

    ReplyDelete
  112. For opener, logic says UTS. But I'm feeling and wishing for Shake Dog Shake.

    ReplyDelete
  113. CPG - that SUX!!!!!! I completely understand - all my precious emails/photos/music/memories - just gone.....

    ReplyDelete
  114. shake dog shake?
    rather aggressive for tonight i think!

    ReplyDelete
  115. Secret show!!! Secret chat???

    ReplyDelete
  116. oh you guys! a computer crash had to happen to me THREE times before i invested in an external hard drive! worth it, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  117. I agree with Sofia.

    Of course in my wildest dreams they would open with OOTW

    ReplyDelete
  118. I call the opener/closer from the Dark Dream. ;)

    (Only in my (dark) dreams...)

    ReplyDelete
  119. What's wrong with aggressive? : )
    UTS should be saved for tomorrow. How about Want?

    ReplyDelete
  120. Why not UTS as the opener?

    ReplyDelete
  121. FANTAC, WEVE MISSED YOU SO FREAKING MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  122. Craig - WANT works for me!!!

    *running tackles FANTA-SEE*

    ReplyDelete
  123. i'll take want! although i still suspect they may play uts twice.

    GOD! REMEMBER THE TOUR, GUYS!? IT WAS SO GOOD OMFG WTFBBQ!!!1
    11ergnkdjnslnglsnaln!

    ReplyDelete
  124. Anyone who wants to chat in real time, come over to the Meebo chat room!
    http://www.meebo.com/room/chainofflowers/
    password: craigp

    ReplyDelete
  125. On the 4 Tour they opened with UTS so it seems unlikely they would do that now..but who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  126. this is such a lovely reunion :)

    ReplyDelete
  127. Hey Fantac! Just that I know they will do that tomorrow, so why not something different for the secret show?

    ReplyDelete
  128. UTS is a lovely opener...but I'll take OOTW or Open as well.

    Any opener........I just want to be there damnit!

    Elise - your disaster sounds much, much, much worse. If I lost all my music I would keel over and die.

    Sofia - yeah, Shawn keeps telling me to get an external hard drive. I'm hoping I get one under the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  129. V: Sofia is speaking your language. : P

    ReplyDelete
  130. All this computer talk reminds me that I'm picking up my brand new iMac in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  131. Craig: OMG. WTF?!?! RTOFLAMAO.

    ReplyDelete
  132. AndrewV - YAY!!!!

    I love meebo - but today is about the 4tour traditions!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  133. it really is like before!:) im so excited, i bet its going to be an amazing setlist, as madbob said, UTS opener IO closer and just one or two encores. i would kill to be there

    ReplyDelete
  134. andrew - macs are the work of the devil

    ReplyDelete
  135. HEAG: Uh, they still open with Plainsong, Open, Want, OOTW, why wouldn't they continue to open with the opener from the brand new album?

    I assure you, UTS will be the opener either tonight or tomorrow, possibly both.

    ReplyDelete
  136. I miss y'all too DJ! I can't stay on again tonight but I guess it'll happen sometime soon! Enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete
  137. *cries hard* bye fan!! have a good night, we miss you even more now!!

    ReplyDelete
  138. But in direct contrast to the 4tour days where it was pouring with rain and cold in my world, today it is bright, sunny and 95 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  139. See ya, Fan. Hope things are getting better in your world *big hug*

    ReplyDelete
  140. In my world the weather is still the same i.e very wet. Just a little colder.

    ReplyDelete
  141. Again, Hi to EVERYONE ¡¡¡¡¡¡


    Hola Carlos......jaja ¿ porque no estamos allá ?

    GRRRRRRRRRRRR...hessuts

    ReplyDelete
  142. Andrew - LOL - you are in the UK, after all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  143. i loooooooooove my mac *smooches it amorously*

    ReplyDelete
  144. Yeah Elise it's 3:42 AM and it's very wet cold. Just like it was in July :)

    ReplyDelete
  145. jaja hola jorge jaja si me encantaria estar ahi! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  146. 3.42am!!!! Holy crap. Lucky it isn't a school night!

    ReplyDelete
  147. sofia - you has lipstick all over the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  148. i have to wait until midnight for the show cof coverage:(

    ReplyDelete
  149. kissing crimson, dj! youll never see me without my red #204!

    ReplyDelete
  150. its absolutely tormenting to be in the same state

    ReplyDelete
  151. It's on these rare occasions that I am glad I am not in the States - the timezone is much friendlier here.

    Currently, 12.49 Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  152. dj, why couldnt you make it (if i can ask)?

    ReplyDelete
  153. because papa was being a dumbass and said no LOOOLL. ill never forgive him for this! *angry teen door slamming*

    LA is my hometown too!! *pout*

    but being here is the second best thing :))

    ReplyDelete
  154. yes DJ, why the hell arent you there?

    ReplyDelete
  155. DeeJie - these things happen. Next year there will be bigger and better events to attend!

    ReplyDelete
  156. Not to forget the CoF tour bus right?

    ReplyDelete
  157. Craig, I hope you're right about UTS being the opener. Especially for tomorrow. And to hear It's Over would be a great ender too. I'm bummed even more now that I know what they soundchecked. I really want to hear TRSW and Bryce loves Sirensong. At least HOB has wi-fi so I can keep up with the reports. btw, we wanted to go on early and get out of here ASAP but they have us scheduled from 9:45-10:30!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  158. omg i was THEE angstiest teenager EVAR. but your angst is warranted, dj. truly!

    ReplyDelete
  159. oh yes, bus for sure. and elisey will be with us <3

    morris - of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  160. Morris, yes, Cat is there.

    ReplyDelete
  161. aww brian. man, not the best night to play a show. :(

    but you stil went to carson you lucky lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  162. Sara B, Chris and Cat are in. Right in front of Porl. Poor Porl! : )

    ReplyDelete
  163. VERY bad night for a show. We don't want to play at all but I have to. Kind of weird, usually these are fun nights.

    ReplyDelete
  164. Rev Heron is in. Right in front of Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  165. XB: That really sucks for you guys! :(

    ReplyDelete
  166. Woohoo! Good for them. They better have good monitors there or else Porl won't hear anything with all that screaming.

    ReplyDelete
  167. go REV!

    did cat ever find her nipples, btw? tonight might not be as bad for porl if so

    ReplyDelete
  168. Good job Cat wasn't in front of Simon...

    ReplyDelete
  169. Sofia, Cat sewed them back on after the 4tour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  170. Correction: Rev is 4 feet from Robert. Close enough. : )

    ReplyDelete
  171. god id give ANYTHING to be 4 feet from robert. ANYTHING!!!!!!!! :@

    ReplyDelete