Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Cure at Fuji Rock Festival (07/28/13)

Setlist: Plainsong, Pictures of You, Lullaby, High, The End of the World, Lovesong, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Prayers For Rain, Sleep When I'm Dead, Play For Today, A Forest, Bananafishbones, The Walk, Mint Car, Friday I'm in Love, Doing The Unstuck, Trust, Want, Fascination Street, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Disintegration

1st encore: Dressing Up, The Lovecats, The Caterpillar, Close To Me, Hot Hot Hot, Let's Go To Bed, Why Can't I Be You?, Boys Don't Cry, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab.

Thanks so much to @Mrs_Lament & @100heads for the live setlist reports.

Photos: LA Lovecat / Fuji Rock Express / Synzie / Roger, Simon & Robert (via @jeremyWulc) / 1 - 24 - 58 - 912 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 1723 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30.

Short Video Clips: Plainsong / High / Push / Just Like Heaven / Inbetween Days / Prayers For Rain / The Walk / Friday I'm In Love 1 - 2 - 3 / Fascination Street / Disintegration / The Lovecats.

Videos: Brief Robert interview / Plainsong / Lullaby / Inbetween Days 1 - 2 / Just Like Heaven / Prayers For Rain / Friday I'm In Love / Trust / The Lovecats /


11:49 PM - @Mrs_Lament - Robert says domo arigato.
11:46 PM - @JamesHadfield - The Cure playing "Disintegration" is bringing a sense of grandeur that's been curiously lacking this weekend
10:32 PM - @JamesHadfield - Turnout for The Cure's headliner slot almost as lacklustre as for Roxy Music's in 2010. They sound a lot better, though.
8:53 PM - @Mrs_Lament - Preparing for The Cure set.
8:44 PM - @synzie - I'll try audio broadcasting. If it stopped, please reload after a while. ;)
8:23 PM - @100heads - just arrived green stage.
3:26 PM - @Mrs_Lament - The Cure gathering at Naeba.

2.5 hour show tonight, and the big question is, will they play 'Kyoto Song' tonight? If Spain always gets 'The Blood', Japan should always get Kyoto. They should also always get 'A Japanese Dream', but let's not push our luck. :)
Whatever they play, have a great time tonight, Japan!

They're scheduled to play from 9:30 PM - Midnight, so that's a US start time of 8:30AM eastern, 7:30AM central, 6:30AM mountain, and 5:30AM pacific. If you're not sure of the start time in your area, just use the clock over on the right or check here.

As far as I know, there are no webcasts from today's show. If that changes, I will let you know. NIN did get one on Friday, but even so, it was restricted to Japan only. Even the proxy tricks didn't work well. But let's hope we get something. Even a streamcast from the crowd would be welcome.

If anyone is going to the show and wouldn't mind helping me with the live setlist reports, photos, etc. (via Twitter, email, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc.), please let me know. I've got 2 reporters lined up, but with the usual problems of batteries dying, and lack of cell connections, we'll take all the help we can get.

36 comments:

  1. Yay, it always making me happy knowing they are playing somewhere, even when I can't be there.

    Kyoto Song would be awesome, but I'm thinking it's not likely. Although they can still surprise us!

    I'm hoping for good connections for live reports.

    And hoping there will be a live stream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 140,000 attendees for the 3 days. Some say it's or it'd be sold out... any information about that ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chinese art and geisha girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Band! :)

    The night they drove ole Dixie down!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plainsong!!! :) so cool :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. anyone still getting the audio link? disappeared for me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. 6 years ago at Fuji Rock...

    Open
    Fascination Street
    From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea
    Kyoto Song
    Hot Hot Hot!!!
    alt.end
    The Walk
    The End Of The World
    Lovesong
    Pictures Of You
    Lullaby
    Inbetween Days
    Friday I'm In Love
    Just Like Heaven
    If Only Tonight We Could Sleep
    The Kiss
    Shake Dog Shake
    Never Enough
    Wrong Number
    One Hundred Years
    End

    Let's Go To Bed
    Close To Me
    Why Can't I Be You?

    A Forest
    Boys Don't Cry

    ReplyDelete
  8. It says it is "offline" for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. it was sweet while it lasted...ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It´s friday i´m in looooooove:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not at ALL surprised by Doing the Unstuck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WANT!! Sadly, it's bedtime in my world. Sweet dreams of ACL for me. :)

    Enjoy the rest of the show, Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. I really thought they'd get it. Starting to look like no surprises on this tour. But 2 down and 3 still to go, so I will continue to hold out hope for something, anything, out of the ordinary.

      Delete
    2. I thought that Kyoto Song would've been a given. Fortunately, I didn't put money on it.

      Delete
  15. I miss all the bootlegging like that last few tours had......first world problem

    ReplyDelete