Thursday, August 1, 2013

Honolulu Meet & Greet


Scenes from The Cure's Meet & Greet in Honolulu, including dress signing & Robert playing a ukulele. It's very funny.  And awkward. And a bit weird. And Simon steals the show. :)


From Nando: "Here is a photo of Robert and I from the meet & greet at the Honolulu show. It was absolutely fantastic. Robert was awesome and very chatty. We didnt have much time with the band. About 10 minute and we went in groups of 10. We were allowed a camera and one article for them to sign. I met Simon at a beach bar the day before the show and he remembered me which was cool. Roger and I had a chat about when he lived in Canada and how he was once almost a Canadian. Was overall an amazing experience. The show that followed I'd have to say was one of the best shows I've seen to date. Last night was my 10th and it definitely wasn't my last. I'll send another photo of Roger, Simon and I.
Robert revealed that there were plans for a Reflections-like tour focusing on The Top, The Head on the Door, and Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me! Exciting times for us Cure fans on the horizon :D"

Did you attend the Meet & Greet with The Cure in Honolulu? Would you mind sharing your experiences and photos with us? Thanks!

11 comments:

  1. "Robert revealed that there were plans for a Reflections-like tour focusing on The Top, The Head on the Door, and Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me!"

    Somehow, the likeliness of this happening seems very slim to me. While I'd love it for sure, I'll believe it when I see it.

    It must be in the works after the Reflections DVD, the Wish Remaster, the SummerCure DVD, etc...

    Although, the likelihood of playing a concert series is probably more likely than a release of anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that Robert is talking about it means that it's probably not going to happen. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it very nice to see them like that, it's a shame i don't understand a word they say
    I don't understand what Simon says so I don't understand why he steals the show as you say.
    what does roger says at 2:40 "don't touch" what?
    very nice plans anyway, i hope that happens for real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great video - would love to see another trilogy show and smaller venues please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robert playing ukelele.. Priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. t think simon sums up that situation very succinctly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Robert steals the show with the uke! :D That was very cute. Simon's eyeroll is priceless too. Reeves' reaction when he sees Roger signing was very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, still high from the fantastic Honolulu show! The meet and greet was beyond expectations! Just wish it could have lasted longer. As with others, when I busted out my Reflections limited Litho, Robert said they are working out the next Reflections/Trilogy type show for next year, with The Top, Head on the Door, and Kiss Me! Cannot wait to travel wherever that show takes me, because I will NOT MISS IT! Thanks for your kindness guys, you made my DREAMS COME TRUE! And I hope you all got that HAWAII FEVER, and come back to visit us soon! The city is still giddy with excitement for what you brought to us! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "...Robert said they are working out the next Reflections/Trilogy type show for next year, with The Top, Head on the Door, and Kiss Me..."

    having been to berlin and the albert hall for trilogy & reflections, i can safely say i'll be breaking the bank (again) to see these shows (if it happens)

    ReplyDelete
  11. BTW, this Veronica Grey person seems quite peculiar. Here she mentions Robert on TV in a funny way at 7'11" :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGCEQczscEQ

    ReplyDelete