Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The Cure in Paris (Nov. 15th, 2016)

AccorHotels Arena in Paris, France
Doors at 6 / Twilight Sad 7:45 - 8:23 / The Cure 8:48 - 11:30
US start times for The Cure are 2:45 PM Eastern, 1:45 PM Central, 12:45 PM Mountain, and 11:45 AM Pacific
Please arrive early for The Twilight Sad! They are excellent!

Setlist: Tape / Open, All I Want, Push, In Between Days, Primary, Pictures of You, High, Lovesong, Before Three, A Night Like This, The Walk, Just Like Heaven, Trust, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, The Hungry Ghost, One Hundred Years, End

1st encore: It Can Never Be the Same, Burn, Play for Today, A Forest

2nd encore: Lullaby, Fascination Street, Never Enough, Wrong Number,

3rd encore: The Lovecats, Hot Hot Hot, Friday I'm in Love, Boys Don't Cry, Close to Me, Why Can't I Be You?

Reviews: Freakshow / Le blog d'Isatagada / France Info / Sound of Violence / BFMTV / L'OBS / RTL2 / l'Express / Orange / Le Parisien

Photos: Photos Concerts / Sound of Violence / Rocker Paris / Manuwino / Le Parisien / Getty Images / Sound of Brit (Twilight Sad)

Videos: Open 1 - 2 / All I Want 1 - 2 / All I Want & Push / Primary 1 - 2 / Primary & Pictures of You / Pictures of You / Lovesong 1 - 2 / Before Three 1 - 2 / A Night Like This /One Hundred Years 1 - 2 / It Can Never Be the Same 1 - 2 / Burn / Play For Today 1 - 2 / Play For Today & A Forest / A Forest 1 - 2 - 3 / Wrong Number / The Lovecats 1 - 2 / Friday I'm in Love / Boys Don't Cry 1 - 2 /

Twilight Sad videos: Seven Years of Letters / The Wrong Car 

Facebook Live stream from @cureapinkdream here.

Cure Periscopes: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6

Twilight Sad setlist: That Summer, at Home I Had Become the Invisible Boy, Last January, I Could Give You All That You Don't Want, Seven Years of Letters, It Never Was the Same, There's a Girl in the Corner, The Wrong Car

Twilight Sad Periscopes: 1 - 2

Thank you so much to & for the setlist tonight! And to for the Facebook Live stream! And to @theflob for the Sad scope! And thanks to Petr @thecureCZ for review & photo links!

Note: Play For Today was played instead of Want, Burn was moved up a spot, and The Caterpillar was not played.

Bill & Ben the Flower Pot Men and Little Weed

21 comments:

  1. They did a massive 42-song set the last time they played Paris, so I wonder what the fine folks in France will get treated to tonight? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Robert's voice is better than in Antwerpen and Amsterdam. He sung most of the the songs in the low safe mode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robert looks en sounds tired. He'll be happy when this tour is done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Dr Who reference with "Bad Wolf" by Simon!

    "Armageddon is fast approaching"

    ReplyDelete
  5. We should call him the Little Weedy Burton!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Audience was just as great as you'd expect in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to disagree. I was at the front and was so disappointed by the crowd. Only from 'Play for today' onwards did people finally danced and had proper fun. More energy in London 2 years ago.

      We even got told off for dancing!

      Let's hope the crowd is more upbeat in Barcelona next week.

      Come on people, it's not because we're in our forties that we have to stand still!

      Delete
    2. You should have been in milan where people didnt even clap between sets and i was told to sit down when i stood up :D

      Delete
    3. I was in Milan both nights and the crowd was really into it, expecially the second gig...anyway, different point of view :)

      Delete
    4. But inbetween sets it was really quiet. No wonder roger tried to make people cheer when they returned. I mean dont get me wrong it was all great but i was expecting crazy italian audience and was slightly dissapointed.

      Delete
    5. But i think smart phones have killed the atmosphere in general because people are more into filming the gigs than getting into it. Which is a pity.

      Delete
    6. I'm with you. It's unbelievable: a lot of zombies absorbed in their smartphones...no words. Next stop For me Madrid...

      Delete
    7. Roger did the same thing in Amsterdam even though the crowd was very enthusiastic, with Robert commenting that "he likes doing that".

      Delete
    8. I wouldnt call the amsterdam crowd very enthusiastic.

      Delete
    9. They were where I was standing. Which, coincidentally, was right in front of Roger.

      Delete
  7. This has nothing to do with the paris gig but here's the first blog entry of joose berglund who runs a record label in finland. There's a photo of robert in finland in 1985. http://anakonda.fi/blogit-joose-berglund-nostalgia-dead/uusi-blogi-joose-berglund-nostalgia-dead
    It is written in spoken finnish so google translator might be confused at times :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to thank Craig for an outstanding job in keeping us "Cure Family" together through the years. Craig, your time, dedication and devotion to Chain of Flowers is something to be proud of. Thank you.
    I'll be honest, I'm not one to post or comment on anything...In fact, I don't even have a Twitter, Facebook or Instagram account (just Periscope to catch The Cure ).
    Yeah, I kinda fly under the radar so to speak. I guess that is my "Robertness" in me. Actually, I just opened this Google account...
    Anyway, I didn't want to waste anymore time in letting you know that I truly appreciate ALL that you do...except when you post freaky-ass looking clowns during Hallowen. I have a major phobia of clowns. Dirty bastards!
    Thanks again Craig--and I think I would fancy living in Toy Town with Noddy and Big Ears. Check out Torchy the Battery Boy if you get the chance. Holy hell! I wish I didn't stumble upon that cartoon. Nightmares for the rest of my life. I don't think Torchy would fit in well with the Toy Town crew . I don't know...there is something about his eyes...devious and "perv-ish" to say the least. I wouldn't want to snuggle up next to him at night ...but if I did, you better believe there would be a knife under my pillow (maybe 2)!
    ✨⭐️✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you are very welcome! It's been a wild, crazy, and fun 20 years. :)

      Delete
    2. I totally agree with Lesleydoll's great post. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

      Delete