Monday, November 7, 2016

The Cure in Frankfurt (Nov. 7th, 2016)

Festhalle in Frankfurt, Germany
Doors at 6 / Twilight Sad 7:15 - 8:02 / The Cure 8:36 - 10:58
US start times for The Cure are 2:30 PM Eastern, 1:30 PM Central, 12:30 PM Mountain, and 11:30 AM Pacific
Get there early for The Twilight Sad! They are excellent!

Setlist: Shake Dog Shake, alt.end, All I Want, Push, In Between Days, Step into the Light, Kyoto Song, A Night Like This, Lovesong, Just Like Heaven, If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, Burn, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, One Hundred Years, Give Me It

1st encore: At Night, M, Play for Today, A Forest

2nd encore: Pictures of You, Lullaby, Fascination Street, Never Enough,

3rd encore: The Walk, Freakshow, Friday I'm in Love, Boys Don't Cry, Close to Me, Why Can't I Be You?

Periscopes: Full show (audio only due to security hassles)

Twilight Sad setlist: Reflection of the Television, Last January, Don't Move, Mapped by What Surrounded Them, Alphabet, Nil, It Never Was the Same, There's a Girl in the Corner, And She Would Darken the Memory

Twilight Sad Periscopes: Full show  

Thank you so much to for the audioscope :) & setlist! Thanks for keeping it going & not getting kicked out! You're the best! :) And thanks to Petr @thecureCZ for review & photo links!

Reviews: OP / Frankfurter Neue Presse / Bergstrasser Anzeiger / Frankfurter Rundschau / Bild / Hessen Schau /

Photos: Heidelberg 24 / HR 1 / OP

Videos: All I Want / Step into the Light / If Only Tonight We Could Sleep / M / Freakshow / Boys Don't Cry 



7 comments:

  1. What a fun set list with a nice balance of hits, deep cuts, and one of the newbies! I hope fans at the next shows get to experience shows like this.

    I also hope they at least release the two new songs as studio versions. I really like both It Can Never Be The Same and Step Into The Light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there. It was beyond amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a way to finish the first leg of my little Europe Cure tour. It was a spectacular gig- I had lowered my expectations after Stuttgart- what a fool I was!! They were amazing- sounding sharp, tight and like they were loving it! Robert was struggling at the end but seemed more frustrated than exhausted- especially based on his comments in Stuttgart about his voice.
    I asked for a seventeen second encore and my wish was granted- thanks guys, you made my trip from the UK perfect!
    Can't wait for the London gigs!
    Enjoy the rest of the tour everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am I seeing things or was Wrong Number not played..... yayyy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I was a fan of Wrong Number either, maybe it was the supporting visuals (or maybe just the alcohol!) but I was won over by the song when I saw it played live a few months back in NYC

      Delete
  5. I was there too. Superb show..nice mixed up setlist. Onwards now to Leipzig

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read my review of the Frankfurt concert, my first show for this tour!
    http://cureuphoria.com/frankfurt-2016-gig-review/

    ReplyDelete