Sunday, December 14, 2008

KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas

Setlist and show notes are here.
Reviews - COF / NME / OC Register
Photos - COF
Audio - Part 1 / Part 2
Videos - Full KROQ webcast / 466MB ASF file / Pictures of You / Lullaby / Perfect Boy / alt.end / The Walk / The End of the World / Lovesong / Wrong Number / The Only One / Push / Friday I'm In Love / Inbetween Days / Just Like Heaven / Primary / A Forest / Boys Don't Cry / Jumping Someone Else's Train / Grinding Halt / 10:15 Saturday Night / Killing An Arab

1,015 comments:

  1. Maybe if I start drinking espresso now, I can be awake for the whole of tonight's chat :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. im guessing well get an 1hr and 1/2 set?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone know if someones gonna be taping the webcast for youtube or for download?? It's a school night for me and there's no way possible for me to be able to stay up that late. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12:15 CT? I was goint to try to stay up but....I hope someone is taping because I have to work tomorrow. Why does CA have to be 2 hours behind us?

    Smooches,
    Pussycat

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dunno how to record streams, and to record the whole night would be a huge file.. im gonna watch it live in the morning, i can have 8 hours sleep and watch it! as they are 8 hours behind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. damn it, its SCHOOL NIGHT. itll end at what midnight?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive gotta get up at 6am to see this :P before school. =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. i don't think i can stay up that late tonight :\

    ReplyDelete
  9. woah, woah, woah there Aaron. I'm gonna try staying up for it :P. Sod sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could someone post the wave files if they record this? KROQ usually is a rare opportunity to get some great quality recordings. I know many Radiohead fans are glad they've been recorded in the past.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaron: Wellll, I am going down the uni. Not for lectures though. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anah: I will need an all-day espresso drip too, and I'm 2 hours behind you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. getting ready to go!!!! will txt u guys @ the show!!!!
    love steph posting on m's computer

    ReplyDelete
  14. if someone would record it, I'm assuming they'd just record the Cure's performance. I don't really care about the other bands, only RSX and crew ;P

    ReplyDelete
  15. DOH!!!! It is a work day here, so it is unlikely that I will be able to spend much time in COF land today :(

    I hope ya'll have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not going to be here either. Damn you timezones!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. somone PLEEAAZE record it, we will love you forever and ever!

    does anyone know what program would do the job?

    ReplyDelete
  18. man, that l.a. weekly review made me want to cry, kids. CRY.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sofia - I hear you about the emotion of the article, but how nice is it for a review to actually be done by a fan!!! Someone that gets us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. At least we know the boys are usually on time so....does anyone know how long their set will be?

    Smooches,
    Pussycat

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pussycat: Look at the photo I posted on the front page. Cure are scheduled for 75 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dang, I am sleepy from yesterday Andrew keep me up last night nervously watching to see if smoke was gonna come out his pants. How the heck am I going to stay up tonight for fook's sake??

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm sick so I've slept most of the day on nyquil...should have the stamina for the late night tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  24. if i can find more pain killers, i'll be with you guys tonight for the show.

    right now i'm doing some laundry (sock), and designing the Curemas Mini Tour Chat Log T-Shirt, based on Sofia's awesome emoticons.

    ReplyDelete
  25. im tired too and its school tommorow, and im on the west coast too! i dont think i can stay for this one ugh

    MORRIS STAY, here are some painkilers, NOW STAY

    ReplyDelete
  26. ewwww i hate diet coke

    *watching webcast*

    ReplyDelete
  27. geez I hope I don't have to deal with all this buffering during the cure set

    ReplyDelete
  28. vampire weekend on - really good quality - video and audio.

    pity this isnt getting recorded!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. ugg I'm debating on whether or not to watch what's going on of the webcast for the crappy mainstream bands. oh well, nothing better to do until bed, since I won't be staying up for the Cure portion of the webcast :( Since the Cure are playing last, I wonder if the people who have been there since earlier today are going to stay if the act they came for played earlier...?

    It will be enough of a feat to stay awake for kimmel, and the dreaded Daly show which is like 1 am or later. For the Leno show, I found myself falling asleep during the commercials, but luckily I realized what I was doing. I had to sneak to stay awake and pretend to be asleep when my mom came in, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Carlos: Yes. On the KROQ website.

    ReplyDelete
  31. i see, but i can't find where exactly.. hmmm..

    ReplyDelete
  32. Right where it says Live Webcast Watch Now.

    ReplyDelete
  33. please forgive my stupidity, i seeit now, big red letterS that read "WATCH NOW"

    ReplyDelete
  34. Haha...sometime the most obvious things are the hardest to see. : )

    ReplyDelete
  35. LMAO, glad to know I am not the only one that does stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Apparently Snow Patrol are not fans of The Cure. Fail.

    ReplyDelete
  37. did they say something bad about the cure?!?! *gets pitchfork and torch*

    ReplyDelete
  38. No but the lead singer guy was all "Vampire Weekend were f*cking spectacular... and is everyone excited for Death Cab for Cutie? And the Killers, my god!" And totes didn't say anything about The Cure. If he was looking for a rise out of the crowd, he could have at least mentioned the headliner.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh no! End of the world! Come on guys. He didn't mention half of the bands on the bill.

    ReplyDelete
  40. thats pretty dumb, at least he should acknowledge the legends!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Scott Weiland covering The Smiths!

    ReplyDelete
  42. dang it, more than three hours to go..

    ReplyDelete
  43. well I've got to trail off to bed, so goodnight COF folks, I'll check in tomorrow after I get home from school to see how it went!! I'm excited for tommorrow night's kimmel broadcast!

    ReplyDelete
  44. bye figurehead!! have a good sleep!

    since when did scott wear cowboy hats?

    ReplyDelete
  45. Is Scott almost done with his set? This is painful to the ears!

    ReplyDelete
  46. But that cover of Reel Around The Fountain was, um, interesting.

    I'm trying to be nice. : )

    ReplyDelete
  47. this stupid thing keeps buffering. i want cure already. =/

    ReplyDelete
  48. Very diplomatic of you Craig....I love that song but not Scott's version.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Would it be mean to say I would rather listen to William Hung sing "She bangs"?

    ReplyDelete
  50. Would it be mean to say my dog sings better?

    ReplyDelete
  51. *waves excitedly to rose*

    pussycat have i seen you on ccc or CF?

    ReplyDelete
  52. Rosepetals I just fell off my chair! LLLOOOLLLL!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Maybe it would sound better if I did heroin.

    ReplyDelete
  54. how the heck did he get a slot on kroq?

    ReplyDelete
  55. hey, it must wound worse at the show where its full blast

    ReplyDelete
  56. It's Over! Thank the gods that Robert doesn't believe in!

    ReplyDelete
  57. *sound


    i wonder if our friends are inside the pit/seats already?

    ReplyDelete
  58. dj scribbles: CCC

    yay the bad man has gone away!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Is Robert going to be all polite like the British are and say, "Scott that was just brill!"

    Hi D.J. if you get good grades I am going to buy you Scott Weiland's new album.

    ReplyDelete
  60. rose, for christmas???

    YAY thanks!! you knew exactly what i wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  61. DJ the bad man is gone now, yes...its okay..:)

    ReplyDelete
  62. in gratitude, i will make sure the both of us are right in front of him during his next show.

    ReplyDelete
  63. there:) i changed the badwith to med,now its all good, i like franz ferdinand, i havent heard much of them but from what i've heard i like.

    ReplyDelete
  64. carlos, i feel your pain.

    thanks for that total LAWL!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Carlos:
    I am watching mine in Winamp. So far I haven't had a problem with buffering.

    ReplyDelete
  66. interpol should be on that bill, i loooove interpol

    ReplyDelete
  67. Craig, here's my NEW flckr account or whatever.

    i just made it.

    more photos soon

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/33368673@N07/

    ReplyDelete
  68. dj scribbles:

    at the bottom of the web page is gives you an option to watch it in windows media player. my default on my computer is winamp so that is what i came up in.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Can't watch the webcast - stupid work firewalls!!!

    I'm enjoying my lunchbreak, so can chat for a little while.

    Can you believe I have a meeting for an hour, right when the Cure are scheduled to go on! YOU BASTARDS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  70. i dont have winamp, i've always thought of it as useless if you have itunes and windows media player as default, but what do you know eeh? oh oh i just realized that i can watch it with windows media player! will it be any better?

    ReplyDelete
  71. Carlos - what would be perfect is for Interpol to appear right before the Cure, and that they play Our Love To Admire in its entirety.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Hello, everyone. I am going to attempt to stay up and watch the cure when they come on. So you lot can keep me amuzed :).
    What does everyone here think of Franz Ferdinand?

    ReplyDelete
  73. carlos:

    as i said no buffering problems so far so...i'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  74. these guys are good live! any idea how many people arethere?

    ReplyDelete
  75. Elise: Aw hell, they might as well play all of Antics and TOTBL, too.

    ReplyDelete
  76. *hugs elise tightly*


    BEAAAAUUUUUU!!! i love them, glad to see them here.

    uh.. did andy meet bobby ???? :O
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/33368673@N07/3109661802/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete
  77. It's 10:50 now on the East Coast & I'm nodding off watching Franz's performance and they are one of my favorite bands. It going to be a long night before The Cure come on. Most likely I'll be when they come on. I need some NoDoze!

    ReplyDelete
  78. They sound good compared to what they followed! I don't think I would buy the cd tho.

    ReplyDelete
  79. i just realized how weird(?) that sounds when you read it, sorry.

    by the way, did the franz guy just mentioned th "kroq party"??

    ReplyDelete
  80. *TACKLES AND HUGS KITTY*

    its been a while!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Beau I love Franz. They sound really good tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  82. DJ: :D hello, how are you? Do you have any snow? :)

    I'm glad you like Franz, they remind me of the clash and the cure mixed with another late 70s era band. :)

    ReplyDelete
  83. Carlos: It can hold 6,185 people and it's sold out, but no idea how many are actually there.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Hugs back to you DJ! :) Miss you lots! I've been busy with load of stuff but I'll be back on here & chart more often. Hope you're doing good! Lubbs YA!

    ReplyDelete
  85. much better with Windows MEdia Player:)

    ReplyDelete
  86. Cure Kitty - Good good :). They do sound great today, hopefully thats a blessing for later :). Did you read my response to your questions in the other topic? :)
    How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  87. THEY SHOULD KNOW THIS ONE - TAKE ME OUT!!!

    its so awesome we get to see this LIVE like them!

    ReplyDelete
  88. TAKE ME OUT!

    Wow the guitars sound great on this tonight. Great mix :).

    ReplyDelete
  89. beau - not unless you wanna import some UK snow :)

    its late where you are! how are you gonna stay up for the cure??

    what a departure from whineland

    ReplyDelete
  90. Hey Beau,
    No I haven't read that topic but I'll check it out tonight or if not tomorrow at work. I'm trying to read up on all the topics now and the last one about the secret show is taking forever! I'm doing good how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  91. next time i have the chance, im buying a franz ferdinand album, im really liking them!

    ReplyDelete
  92. Wow FF is really great tonight! I think I now caught my 2nd wind! Maybe I'll make it for The Cure.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Carlos buy FF cd's. They are excellent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  94. Good god, I almost wet myself when I heard the name paul thompson on drums.

    ReplyDelete
  95. Yeah I love Cure Fans who are & Franz Fans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  96. Cure Kitty - I am ok thanks :). Bit tired, not sure if I can make it until the cure but i'll try. I reckon I can make it until about 6am UK time which is about 2 hours away. What time is it now in LA, does anyone know?

    But anyways, other than being tired I am pretty good thanks :).

    ReplyDelete
  97. BEAU FRAEKING LAWL.


    if andy is at kroq.. how the hell did he post?

    ReplyDelete
  98. 8:03 beau!

    youre 6 hours ahead of us

    ReplyDelete
  99. i meant 8 sorry!

    kitty - alex's voice is hawwt tonight

    ReplyDelete
  100. Hmmmmm, so they should come on roughly 7:15am my time. Bugger thats a horrible time, if I went to sleep now I wouldn't get up and if I don't then i'll be dead tomorrow!
    Oh sod it, i'll just have to fall asleep in my GF's bed tomorrow :).


    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHIT! Someone chop my ears off now!

    ReplyDelete
  101. Yes DJ Alex is always hawt! I lubbs his voice! And I can't wait for their tour next year! I need my FF fix!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  102. P.s Thank you :) DJ and Craig :)

    ReplyDelete
  103. uuugh, i just read the tag, i hate hip hop rap or whatever this thing is, time for me to do homework while this guy ridiculizes himself on stage

    ReplyDelete
  104. Color me confused but I thought Paramore was playing next....

    ReplyDelete
  105. kanye west has just joined Jayz in the "prestigious" list of rappers who've opened for the cure :)

    ReplyDelete
  106. jay z opened for the cure?? :S holy mother of god!

    ReplyDelete
  107. PCat: If you look at the updated schedule I posted a photo of, this time slot was listed as Kevin & Bean.

    ReplyDelete
  108. Please can someone tell me why Kanye West is not stage now????? WTF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  109. uh, im kinda not there yet.

    busy here in the hotel with ChrisP and Sarab543.

    We'll be leaving soon, i'm setting up to record The Cure's webcast, 10:20pm to 12:30am is the scheduler I set just in case they start sooner and of course play later, AS THEY SHOULD.

    Leaving soon. Have fun guys tonight in the chat.

    :)

    also to all those having trouble with that Microsoft Silverlight media player that KROQ is using to webcast, there are WMP mirrors on the bottom.

    i am recording the stream from the HI quality one.

    ReplyDelete
  110. This is not the surprise act I was told would be playing. : (

    ReplyDelete
  111. Hi DeeJie, Rose and CK - sorry I took so long to respond. Had to relay some of the gossip from the Christmas party to one of the girls at work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  112. well hey this is better than weiland

    *pictures kanye backstage with robert*

    ReplyDelete
  113. This asshole better not to glasto this year like the rumours have been impling.

    Then again I bet Kanye is Roberts best tea buddy. You can just imagine them sharing a cup of english tea while Kanye talks over the rights of lovecats and turning it it in to a song about bangin' chicks yo.

    ReplyDelete
  114. uuuuggghhhh!

    i don't like this either.

    THE CURE! THE CURE! THE CURE!

    ~sniffle~

    ReplyDelete
  115. ha ha ha! Kanye West??!?!?!

    I'm glad we're not there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  116. LOL DJ - "the "prestigious" list of rappers who've opened for the cure" :)

    ReplyDelete
  117. andy - tell sara to call me if she meets porl or something, AND SEND OUR LOVE! :*

    ReplyDelete
  118. im not racist or anything but were are all the black people that used to make good music?? every black person that i know that is in the music industry makes crappy music. from blues to hip hop to rap...

    ReplyDelete
  119. what's up with Kayne West being on the stage?

    ReplyDelete
  120. Helm: One of the surprise guests that haven't been announced.

    ReplyDelete
  121. Hello elise!

    Hugs to you! How are you, it's been a while since I last saw you on here while I was on. How are you? Do you still go on chat at night around 8ish? I haven't seen you for a while.

    Ah X-mas party gossip, I love it! I've got to put together & get the food for my company party this week!

    ReplyDelete
  122. DJ - Sara doesn't have your number. give me a ring at 562-712-6841 to tell me your number or something.

    ReplyDelete
  123. carlos - jimi hendrix, aretha franlin, BB king, ray charles, tina turner - a rock n roll queen, grace jones etc. :)

    andy - was rev able to stay?

    ReplyDelete
  124. Andy: Tell Chris I said thank you for making the sign.

    ReplyDelete
  125. there is no Gucci I could buy...!? What a lyric

    ReplyDelete
  126. Andy: And tell Sara I don't need setlist updates tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  127. I just want to say in advance Thanks for Andy for recording The Cure portion on the show. I'm not too sure I'll be able to stay up that late! But I'm going to try!

    ReplyDelete
  128. i know about them all and i love them all, by the way you missed good old barry. but now all i see and hear from black people is rap and hip hop and well R&B which is not even close to what real blues is.

    ReplyDelete
  129. andy - left you a voicemail.

    nice ringback tone :)

    ReplyDelete
  130. Oh I wish I was there tonight! Have fun Cure Peeps who are lucky to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  131. CK - our time zones have changed - I still go on to chat at about 8pm, but that is about 6am your time now :(

    Yes, nothing like office gossip to get the place humming on a Monday morning!
    Girls kissing girls - CHECK
    Boys kissing boys - CHECK
    Alcohol fuelled injuries - CHECK

    It's ALLLLL good!

    ReplyDelete
  132. yeah i cant think of any new muscicians from that area that i like either carlos =/

    so when is 50 cent gonna open for the cure at coachella?

    ReplyDelete
  133. is it over yet? the kanye thing?

    ReplyDelete
  134. this is sara- craig i got it :) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  135. wow - sara looks exactly like Andy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  136. any chance the cue are doing coachella again next year?

    ReplyDelete
  137. Oh yes elise I forgot about that. I'm usually getting out of bed that time and I'm sure by the time I get on at work you're in bed already. I miss the morning chats since no one really goes on there at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  138. Carlos: Unfortunatly not. :( This better not push the schedule even futher behind :(. Are there curfews in the states?

    ReplyDelete
  139. heey i like this part where hes beating the drums

    LAMOOLAWWL carlos

    theres a rumor going on that the cure and DM are playing coachella this year. but thats just a rumor :P

    ReplyDelete
  140. lets hear those teenyboppers scream. =/

    ReplyDelete
  141. oh my goodness shes wearing a wig!!

    ReplyDelete
  142. It's a good rumour, DJ. Maybe they will do it as part of the Wishful Thinking tour!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  143. Not a great start for Paramore, imo.

    ReplyDelete
  144. yees!! who's next?? please tell me not another rapper! :O the mode and the cure in one bill, that sounds amazing,hope it becomes more than just a rumor

    ReplyDelete
  145. i hate paramore as well :S i'll just continue with homework and itunes..

    ReplyDelete
  146. elise you cant leave us when the cure starts :(

    ReplyDelete
  147. DJ - sadly, work will have to come first today. Believe me, it pains me a lot more than it pains you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  148. getting a little tired of the awfulness....

    ReplyDelete
  149. Oh this band sucks, I better go brush my teeth & take my meds and get this laptop set-up in my bedroom and settle in for a long night!

    ReplyDelete
  150. are tere many cof people at the concert?

    ReplyDelete
  151. Not a good third song for paramore either. Bloody hell these are bad live :(.

    ReplyDelete
  152. in alphabetical order: andy, chrisp, and sarab are leaving for the concert now!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  153. OMG - I just saw that Trey Parker was at the show last night!!!! I wonder if he yelled out "Disintegration is the best album ever"?

    ReplyDelete
  154. elise - OIMMMGFGHHH!!!!!!!


    i bet he was the afterparty!!

    ReplyDelete
  155. I used to (back in the 4Tour days) live a couple of blocks away from the high school Matt Stone went to. :)

    Don't know why I felt the need to share that fact, but oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  156. Does any sense a bit of "want" at the begining of this song?
    That guitar riff anyways..

    ReplyDelete
  157. I'm not sure what "COF people" are, but yes, there are plenty. Stephanie is in the front row. As you can see in her photo.

    ReplyDelete
  158. very cool trivia V :)


    her voice sounds better in this song i think, or maybe thats just because this crap keeps on rebuffing in winamp AND windows media. screw this connection!

    ReplyDelete
  159. This has gone completely awful.

    ReplyDelete
  160. in which bandwith do you have it dj? try it with a lower bandwith

    ReplyDelete
  161. SHE WENT LAST NIGHT! Well thats a surprise...

    ReplyDelete
  162. Wow, not much of a reaction for The Cure.

    ReplyDelete
  163. medium, i dont want to go any lower than that. =/. its stop buffering! :)

    well looky there, they mentioned the secret show. do they get our approval now ? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  164. I just turned it off to give my laptop a rest. I hope I can stay awake. In bed now with the computer.

    ReplyDelete