Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Cure in Budapest (Oct. 27th, 2016)

Budapest Arena in Budapest, Hungary
Doors at 6 / The Twilight Sad 7 - 7:40 / The Cure 8:12 - 11
US start times for The Cure are 2 PM Eastern, 1 PM Central, noon Mountain, and 11 AM Pacific
Get there early for The Twilight Sad! They are excellent!

Setlist: Shake Dog Shake, Fascination Street, A Night Like This, Push,In Between Days, Step into the Light, Pictures of You, Lullaby, Kyoto Song, Lovesong, Sleep When I'm Dead, Just Like Heaven, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Want, The Hungry Ghost, One Hundred Years, Give Me It

1st encore: At Night, M, Play For Today, A Forest

2nd encore: Burn, Never Enough, alt.end, Wrong Number

3rd encore: The Lovecats, Friday I'm in Love, Doing the Unstuck, Boys Don't Cry, Close to Me, Why Can't I Be You?

Reviews: Shock! / MNO / Origo / HVG / Index / 061 /

Photos: Marsworld / Galeria / EPA

Videos: Step Into the Light / Kyoto Song 1 - 2 / Want / Give Me It 1 - 2 / At Night 1 - 2  / M / Play for Today / A Forest / alt.end / The Lovecats / Doing the Unstuck 1 - 2 /

Periscopes: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6

Thank you so much to , and for setlist and scopes tonight and to Petr @thecureCZ for review, photo, and video links!

7 comments:

  1. Nice 17seconds encore, including "M"! Watched it on periscope, technology is amazing.

    setlist diff to Vienna:
    - Charlotte Sometimes
    - Closedown
    - Disintegration
    - High
    - Hot Hot Hot!!!
    - It Can Never Be the Same
    - Plainsong
    - Prayers for Rain
    - Primary
    - Sinking
    - The Baby Screams
    - The Walk
    + At Night
    + Doing the Unstuck
    + Give Me It
    + Kyoto Song
    + M
    + One Hundred Years
    + Play for Today
    + Sleep When I'm Dead
    + Step Into the Light
    + The Hungry Ghost
    + The Lovecats
    + alt.end

    Most similar to Gotenburg:
    - A Strange Day
    - High
    - Hot Hot Hot!!!
    - Let's Go to Bed
    - The Baby Screams
    - The Caterpillar
    - The Walk
    + Doing the Unstuck
    + Kyoto Song
    + Step Into the Light
    + The Hungry Ghost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a very good decision to attend both Vienna and Budapest shows. So many diffs..(incl. Robert himself:)

      Delete
  2. The Budapest show looks like a pretty standard Europe show this time around, but that's on paper. Live is a different story. If I had been there and either liked or disliked each song as it came up, I would have disliked just 4 songs. Sleep When I'm Dead, Give Me It, Wrong Number and Lovecats. No Walk or Go To Bed. How long since THAT'S happened?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anybody have Roger's tambourine toss at the end of Boys Don't Cry on video/photo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Piggywiggie I agree. I went to see 3 shows (Prague, Vienna and Budapest) in the past few days. IMO the shows in Vienna and Budapest were probably the best shows out of the three I attended. Although there were lots of critics about the venue in Vienna I very much preferred Marx Halle compared to traditional stadiums. The atmosphere and the crowd's reaction to the songs were fantastic in both cities. I still can not decide about the set lists though..Charlotte Sometimes, Sinking and Disntegration were the real highlights to me in Vienna. But probably the Budapest set was my favorite one. Kyoto Song and the 17sec encore were both a great surprise to me. Even despite the fact that the same encore had been played in 2002 (with a minor change) and 2005 in Hungary. Both new songs (no not the f.... awesome song in Vienna:) sounded amazing live. I was not very sure about Step into the Light but once I heard it live in Prague I found myself crooning it the next day:) I also think that the songs from the last two albums had way more dynamics than ever before. Robert's voice was also brilliant at all 3 concerts. I still can not understand how he is doing it..Actually I have lost my voice halfway from Vienna to Budapest so if someone founds it please return it to me...I will need it on Monday:) One is for sure Robert never joked that much..at least not at those 4 concerts I had attended in the past. All to say visiting those three shows was a fantastic experience and I am already longing for my next Cure concert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Step Into the Light' has really grown on me. It may not have the sheer majesty or visceral effect of 'It Can Never Be the Same' but the lyrics (what I know of them) are intelligent and deep. It bears the mark of a brilliant song in that it stays in your head, heart, and soul long after the aural experience concludes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW. There should be Lullaby between Pictures of You an Kyoto Song

    ReplyDelete