Sunday, July 22, 2012
Robert press conference at Vieilles Charrues
Robert Smith: l'interview by france3Bretagne
Some more from this at France 3 (English).
Update (July 22nd, 2012): More video clips (English) have been added. (Thanks Aaron)
In this clip, Robert says that The Cure will be recording during this month off from shows. But Roger says that will be a little difficult as they are all going on holiday. :)
In this clip, Robert says he likes to record songs at home for himself and send the MP3s to Simon to get his take on them. So, yes, there will be new stuff eventually, but it doesn't matter to him when they do it.
And in this clip, Robert says Mixed Up 2, with remixes by Mogwai (doing Faith), Cranes, and other favorite bands, will be out before Xmas, and Cure fans will love it. Another lie? Well, not the Mogwai Faith part. I asked Stuart (@plasmatron) about it, here's his answer - "we are going to. It’s not done yet though. Can’t wait!"
Robert participated in the post-show press conference at the festival. Video will be posted later, they say. Brief report from Ouest France (English). Photo 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Update (July 21st, 2012): Brief video (translator speaks over Robert) from AFP. (Thanks @curefans)
TMNews also has a bit of it and a report on the show, and again, the translator speaks over Robert.
- Robert speaks about Reeves Gabrels. He says he was the only person who has the required talent to take the place of Porl.
- Someone in the audience asks if they will play the next trilogy The Top/HOTD/Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me. Robert answered "Don't believe everything I say" (about what he said at the end of the trilogy at RAH: "See you for the next 3").
- He announced a remix album with Mogwai, Cranes, etc. for the end of the year.
- A lot of questions about the future of Cure. Robert: "I don't worry about the future"
- Robert: "Playing these festivals is very selfish"
- Robert: "The best line-up of the Cure is a 5 piece"
- Robert: "When I was a teenager I learned French by reading Camus and Sartre"
- Robert: "Music that I listen to now? Billy holliday!"
- Robert: "I will play a new song, in Ireland. I will play it once. Because it's beautiful" (Note: This translation might be incorrect.)
- Robert: "If The Cure keeps going, it's because I keep going. If I'd stop, there would be no The Cure 2 with the rest of the band"
- Robert seems to be really pissed of by the press conference.. Too many people.
- Press conference is over. I didn't hear a half of what Robert said because of the video's lag.. Very bad signal.. (Thanks Johan and David)
Posted by Craig at 4:03 PM