Monday, February 29, 2016

More Cure love from Jenny Lee Lindberg

From Q Magazine (April 2016).

I First Made Love To This
Pictures of You, The Cure (1989)

"I was obsessed with The Cure when I was in High School. I had Cure posters all over my wall. At 15, my first real boyfriend also really loved The Cure. Before that, I thought I was gonna save myself for marriage, because I grew up religious, but then I met this person and I was really in love with him, and I lost my virginity to Pictures of You, which I thought was really romantic! I love that all Robert Smith's songs are so romantic. It gave me hope - oh, I want to feel that, that intense deep love that I'd never experienced before. Pictures of You is sad, though - ironic that I lost my virginity to it..."

Thanks to JC/Perfect.Murder at The Cure Press Cuttings.

13 comments:

  1. The album version or shorter single-edit I wonder...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to her boyfriend it was the 12 inch extended version.

      Delete
  2. I had a girlfriend that thought I'd enjoy doing it to the Cure, and I had to stop and turn it off. I was like, "This is disgusting. I can't hump to the Cure... it's just wrong. These songs aren't humping songs."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having sex to The Cure would seem sacrilegious.

      Delete
    2. Funny this makes me think of Lost Souls. "Robert Smith's lips, magnified several thousand times"...

      Delete
  3. I used to make out to the whole of Disintegration with my first serious lover! So strange to think about now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually stared with The Cure, but always got down to business with Depeche Mode.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost my virginity to a Cocteau Twins album.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the cure on 120 minutes on prom night. good grief!

    ReplyDelete