Tuesday, May 10, 2016

"It's opening time, down on Fascination Street"


Robert: "I was thinking of Bourbon Street in New Orleans when I wrote it. I was getting ready to go there and I thought, what the fuck do I think I'm going to find? It's about the incredulity that I could still be fooled into looking for a perfect moment."

The day has finally arrived. Cure Tour 2016 starts tonight, and I couldn't be more excited or happier that they're starting here in New Orleans. After the Dream Tour in 2000, we had a 13 year drought, finally broken by the Voodoo show in 2013. Now we've had 3 shows in 2.5 years. I can live with that. :)

So, just a very grateful and heartfelt THANK YOU! to Robert Smith. And that is also extended to Simon Gallup, Roger O'Donnell, Jason Cooper, and Reeves Gabrels, as well. We love you all, and are so thankful that we get to do all of this at least one more time. Hope you all have a wonderful tour, with as few problems as possible! Here's to health, happiness, and incredible shows. Cheers!

Now let's all go hit opening time, down on Fascination Street!

13 comments:

  1. Beautifully put, Craig. I am changing planes in Tampa. If all goes well I'll be touching down in Kenner mid afternoon. A toast to our boys creating new amazing moments in Craig's backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wait for tonight's show. After yesterday's drive up from Tampa, the reality is setting in. Keeping my fingers crossed for The Figurehead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next week! I'm starting my own tour! 4 Cure shows! Vegas, San Diego, Hollywood, Mountain View! Exclamation points!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello fellow Hollywood and Mountain View show goer!

      I think that makes us best friends!

      Delete
  4. So nice to hear a non-complaining, non-whiny Cure fan giving thanks for them touring! Have fun Craig!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got into town with my wife Sunday from NJ, staying at a friends condo a block off Bourbon Street (Fascination Street?). This place is amazing! I can't wrap my head around being here, never mind see them tonight and tomorrow! Craig, I'd love to meet you, shake your hand, buy you and drink and say thank you for all your hard work keeping us in the loop for close to 20 years!! Quick question please, how long of a drive from the Quarter to the venue? Tomorrow night I'm going solo, is uber the best option to and from the show? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about 15-20 minutes, depending upon traffic. Yeah, Uber, taxi, etc would probably be best, if you don't have a car.

      Delete
  6. You deserve to enjoy every minute of these shows Craig! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Twilight Sad The Cure New Orleans and NOLA 'bout to get lit☆~!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Twilight Sad The Cure New Orleans and NOLA 'bout to get lit☆~!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well stated Craig!
    Cheers to you and the boys!
    Cant wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete