Thursday, March 12, 2009

Celebrating Robert's 50th birthday

"Just wanted to let you know Sirius station 1st Wave will be honoring Robert's birthday the first week in April by playing songs every hour with special cuts and interviews! More info to come." (Thanks Jen)

"A chap I bumped into in a record shop in London suggested I tell you about One Hundred Years, a night dedicated to The Cure which I'm putting on to celebrate Robert's 50th birthday, 30 years since 3IB and 20 since Disintegration.
I haven't yet advertised it beyond the bounds of Facebook, but if you're that way inclined you can find out all about it here.
This is a simple labour of love on my part, The Cure being without a doubt the most important band of my life. We're looking forward to playing our favourite band's songs all night!"
(Thanks Charlie)

5 comments:

  1. Why it hasn't been declared a National Holiday yet is kinda pissing me off... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's done it again that Kate!

    Cool idea, to bad I don't have sirius.

    DA---I've been wondering that myself??? It needs to be official so we can have the day off too!

    ReplyDelete