Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Gary Biddles has passed away


Presence - Act of Faith (Thanks Curehead)

From Lol Tolhurst on Facebook: "RIP Gary Biddles. My friend. We will always love you." (Thanks Emiliano)

Andy Anderson on Facebook: "This is very sad news indeed, I'm stunned and shocked, by this news. He was a great friend, back in the early days with the cure."

Robert dedicated 'A Forest' to Gary at tonight's show in Lima, Peru. Video.

Very sad news. All of our love and positive thoughts go out to Gary's friends & family.

Here's an interview that DJ Scribbles did with him in 2011, here's the infamous "The Cure Are Dead" clip, and listen to the 'Closer' album here. (Thanks Shawn)

From @waswasere: "I was planning a 30th anniversary reposting: The Cry - Rock Garden 19/04/83. Seems more apt to do it now. And a review of The Cry from Sounds [This was their second gig]"

An article at Slicing Up Eyeballs.

16 comments:

  1. I spoke with Gary last week and he was in great spirits. He has been a real encouragement and a positive light in my life. Its obvious why he and Lol were so close. 2 of the least pretentious people to ever be kissed by fame and madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAV82z7xT68

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig, you may want to use this version instead. It has the whole performance of the song.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMOXzIrJiNQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad, he was always very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figure that this is appropriate to post: Presence - Closer

    ReplyDelete
  6. :(

    30 years ago on 19th April 1983 my friend Naomi skipped school to head to London with me to see Cocteau Twins support Orchestral Manoeuvres in The Dark at Hammersmith Odeon before I dragged her across London to see Simon, Matthieu and Gary's new band The Cry play their first gig at Covent Garden Rock Garden after which we got the 0245 train back to Portsmouth before seeing Big Country the next evening.

    I was planning an anniversary page to commemorate my youthful madness 30 years on by uploading the bootlegs I made on those nights, but because of this sad news I thought I'd bring forward part of it for anyone interested. You can get a Windows Media format file for the Cry gig here: http://waswasere.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bye Gary, saw all your London gigs - RIP

    ReplyDelete
  8. i will listen tonight to his songs and will keep him in good memory.

    ReplyDelete