Saturday, August 4, 2012

Close Encounters Brazil 1987


"As another fan told us about his 25th year of his first Cure Concert, I am sending pictures of mine in March 1987.

Here is a picture of my first close encounter with them. This picture was published in our local newspaper back then, and I remember as if it happened yesterday.

I went with a couple of friends to the airport, but did not get in touch with the band. So, we ran to the best hotel in town. When we got there, the band was heading in to the hall, with tons of fans and press right behind them. I managed to pass them by the side, and got in front of Robert.

This is the exact moment were i am turning around and asking him for an autograph! You can imagine how happy i was!!! Even more meeting them almost 25 years after in Milan this year!!

I still got them, with the signature of the rest of the band!

Here are some pictures taken from the first Cure performances in Brazil, in Porto Alegre, March 1987. I bought them from a local newspaper." (Thanks Luciano)


 





4 comments:

  1. I am from Porto Alegre, Brazil. Nice to see these pictures after such a long time. I used to have the audio of this show (Porto Alegre 1987) in an old cassete tape...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from Porto Alegre, Brazil. Nice to see these pictures after such a long time. I used to have the audio of this show (Porto Alegre 1987) in an old cassete tape...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gazillion years ago I saw a BW pic (real pic, not a reproduction, about letter size) of just RS supposedly taken at the Belo Horizonte concert according to the guy who was selling it. He was asking too much for it though...

    ReplyDelete