Thursday, November 7, 2013

Cure went to Preservation Hall Sunday night!

Update (Nov. 5th, 2013): And here's a photo of Robert with Beats Antique at Preservation Hall in New Orleans on Nov. 3rd/4th, 2013. (Thanks @PresHall)

Update (Nov. 7th, 2013): Posted today by Preservation Hall - "There was one unexpected treat during the final Deja Voodoo performance, as a white tour van pulled up to Preservation Hall with the members of The Cure pouring out of the Ford doors. Robert Smith and company stayed until the wee hours of the morning, enjoying the music and spirits of the Hall. The Preservation Hall Family still have smiles on their faces from that night."

From : "Amazing night with Robert Smith & The Cure were hanging until 4am" (Thanks )

From Facebook: "@beatsantique & @preshallband really turned it out last night - fantastic to see The Cure there enjoying the performances as much as we did!"

From @drielycarter: "Holy Fuck I just stumbled upon Robert Smith from The Cure at the Preservation Hall tonight and I nearly had a heart attack! http://instagram.com/p/gSSTK-kYJg/# " (Thanks )

Update: Here's an article from Nola.com. And I got an answer about whether The Cure actually played with them.

8 comments:

  1. I've been inside that hall. You literally breathe the history of that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kira and I wanted to go to Preservation Hall while we were in NOLA last month, but sadly ran out of time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shot of Robert smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Gosh!!! If I had known, right after the Cure finished I would have been there! I would have loved to watch Robert,Simon and the others, relaxing and enjoying someone else perform. Although it would have been difficult not to take my eyes off of Robert Smith as well as not fainting! Ive loved the Cure/Robert for over 25 years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This photo makes me smile everytime I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After the show we went to the quarter for dinner and on our way back to Frenchmen we stopped at the corner to let a car go by..I realized quickly that it was a 15 passenger van & who was in it. I walked along with the van & when they stopped in front of the Hall I froze when my hubby snapped me out of my coma & said "when are you going to have this chance again?' I quickly walked up to Robert & asked for a photo. He walked away to his group to get them where there needed to be, all the while looking back at me. Then walked back to me smiled and lead me to my hubby with the waiting camera.. This was the second time I have gotten to met Robert. First time he signed my skate board and I froze when it came to getting a pic with him.. This time it worked out perfectly...

    ReplyDelete
  8. After holding our Front Row spot for 10 hours and not eating or running to the restroom we were so hungry and exhausted, not to mention that I just saw my favorite band of all time from the FRONT ROW. The next day I read about this and was absolutely crushed. Our hotel was a mere 8 blocks from Preservation Hall. It simply wasn't meant to be. I still had an absolutely FANTASTIC time and met some new friends. Thank You to THE CURE for making me a very happy woman.

    ReplyDelete