Thursday, August 15, 2013

Phil Anselmo's love of The Cure

From Nola.com: Did you hear that the Voodoo Music + Arts Experience has added The Cure to the line-up?
Anselmo: I saw that. I’m a big fan, man. I love The Cure.

Do you really? I didn’t think you’d be as excited as everyone else seems to be.
Anselmo: I’m an older Cure fan. “Seventeen Seconds” (from 1980) and “Faith” (from 1981) are my two favorite Cure albums. Robert Smith is just a greater songwriter, period. It’s a beautiful addition to the Voodoo Fest. Big, big thumbs-up right there.

So if you’re in town the first weekend of November, you’ll be there?
Anselmo: I might be in town, I might not. I have a gig in South America. I wish I could tell you more about it. It’s kind of like the thing I do with the Metal Masters; it’s an all-star cast. But hopefully I’m home. Because I’d love to see The Cure.

1 comment:

  1. Stunning to see so many metal and nu metal band into Cure music : Pantera, Linkin'Park, Metallica, Korn, Deftones, System Of A Down...

    ReplyDelete