Wednesday, June 26, 2019

From the Who Gives a Fuck? files

In a recent "interview" with his nephew, Morrissey says lots of stupid things. Again. Then out of nowhere, mentions Robert. Also, this is being called an apology to Robert in the press. It's not. Nowhere in here does he apologize. Not that anyone is asking for one, and I'm sure Robert hasn't lost a second of sleep troubled by this. Anyway, read this nonsense here.

sam:
Finally, any small regrets?

M:
Oh, I never make my regrets small … if I can help it. Oh. Umm. Robert Smith. I said some terrible things about him 35 years ago … but I didn’t mean them … I was just being very Grange Hill. It’s great when you can blame everything on Tourette’s syndrome. [laughs]

sam:
but you’ve never met him?

M:
Oddly, I was in a pub near Buckingham Palace perhaps ten years ago … and there he was … staring over confrontationally. I take no moral responsibility for whatever I said in 1983 … after all … who does?