Thursday, May 8, 2014

'Beautiful Noise' Kickstarter campaign

Kickstarter campaign started for the 'Beautiful Noise' shoegazing documentary (with a Robert Smith interview) that's been in the works for the past 8 years. We've been following this for over 4 years now, and you can read some of Eric's  previous updates here.  There's also a post about it on The Cure's Facebook. (Thanks John, Keith, and @Pjotrke)


Update: Only a few days left to help get this funded. They've added this clip of Robert talking about the Cocteau Twins. (Thanks Laurent)

Update: The project has reached it's goal and will be funded! Congratulations to all involved, and to all who contributed! (Thanks Shawn)

Update (05/22/13): Eric finally posted an update last week.

Update (02/26/14): Looks like we are finally getting close to a release! From their Facebook - "Good news everyone, we are finalizing the end credits now and prepping for final post. So, if you are a Kickstarter supporter who pledged for a credit in the film, please make sure to respond to our email thru Kickstarter and verify your name by Friday the 28th. More news to come soon!"

Update (05/01/14): The latest - "Just a quick note to let you all know the progress on the film.  The music clearances are finally done and with that 15 month odyssey behind us we can happily move forward towards the release. The documentary is now being mixed on the sound stage and we are preparing for a summer 2014 festival release. 
Kickstarter rewards will go out after the festivals, during the home video release stage. When the rewards are about to be sent out we will send you a survey confirming your addresses.
Thank you so much for helping us to make this happen and for your continued patience!  This is an independent documentary made for the fans without any corporate backing. More to come soon...Thanks again, Eric & Sarah"

And now we have a debut date! May 31st & June 1st at the Seattle International Film Fest.

Update (05/08/14): International premiere will be June 8th & 9th at Sheffield Doc/Fest.

15 comments:

  1. Please donate as much as you can. I really want to see this documentary. I would love it if Eric released the entire interview with Robert if he reached his goal of $75,000.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please donate as much as you can. I really want to see this documentary. I would love it if Eric released the entire interview with Robert if he reached his goal of $75,000.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge Cocteau Twins fan here !! Very nice to see that Robert too !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, me too, I love them. Mh, i would be curious of hearing a Cure song produced/remixed by the Cocteaus and the other way round.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Treasure" really is a treasure. I loved the Liz Fraser shows this summer, hope there's more soon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cocteau Twins is my favorite band next to The Cure...Wanna know what he thought of Liz's otherwordly voice...and I always play TREASURE everyday at my home before going out...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can everyone who likes this please pledge even $10 this would help greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can everyone who likes this please pledge even $10 this would help greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just to update, the project has been more than fully funded with three days to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i pledged and for a minute there i was almost positive that it wouldn't get funded. but then some amazing person pledged $10,000! so thanks to that person (very much) for putting the project over the top! looking terribly forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not that this is the most important thing, but Robert's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Had a dream last night that I was holding a new Cure CD with 14 songs. I need that rush.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Probably won't happen. Last night I dreamt that I was depressed that I was turned into a zombie and forced to work the front desk of a hotel in TX. Then I was attacked by a bear. Let's hope the CD comes first. btw, I don't work at a hotel in TX.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah man, I'd love to see this at SIFF, and I would, if I wasn't going to Bottlerock! I'm flying home Sunday so I'll miss it.

    ReplyDelete