Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Watsons dedicate JLH to Billy Bragg

"Last night I attended the Billy Bragg concert in Somerville, MA (which was brilliant). The Watson Twins opened the show. About half way through their set, they dedicated a song to Billy Bragg and his traveling companions - and the song they dedicated? Just Like Heaven. Quite different to hear that song done on acoustic guitar with harmonica, keyboard and their soft folksy harmonies. I attribute this positive Cure energy to my wearing a Cure t-shirt to the show..." (Thanks RubyAlison)

6 comments:

  1. Love Bill Bragg. First saw him in 1991. He came back to my town (Toronto) in '92 and played the same night as The Cure did so I missed him. Apparently he called The cure "bastards" 'cause you could hear the music in the distance at his concert :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's a beautiful cover... very lilting. Wish the audio quality was better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I think it is on their new album

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to Allison for wearing the shirt.

    ReplyDelete